Wednesday, July 22, 2009



09:20AM

----------

It's morning and I have nothing to do. Logged onto my trading account and saw an opportunity to sell GU and take profit for just 10 pips in this Tokyo session. So, I immediately set up a sell order at 1.6379. The order is not filled yet but I'm confident it will be a winner once it is filled. What can I say, I just can't help myself....hehe.

01:05PM
----------

The sell order looks like is not going to be filled anytime soon, so I've already cancelled the order.
I will trade again later in the London session.

04:17PM
----------

One hour and fiftenn minutes earlier my pending sell order of 1.6338 was filled. My target is for 30 pips at 1.6308. It nearly hit the target just 20 minutes after it opens with only 5 pips to spare but then the price went up and as of now the quote is 1.6334 which is only +4 pips of unrealized profit. I will update again later if the trade is a winner or not.

07:40PM
----------

I really hate the inconsistency of actual trading where you win once or twice then you lose and took away the profits of the initial wins. This have been happening almost every week since second quarter of June. In the end you get back to square one and starts over again. Hypothetically the results should be great to the the extent of having great performance every week as the back-tested shows. But alas, in actual trading a lot have to be considered such as the spreads, the timings and the discipline of execution or lack of, other unavoidable circumstances of everyday life and of course pure luck.

What happened today actually can be avoided. Fifteen minutes to 6PM my position was in the red at -20 pips. It started at 4:30PM when the MPC (monetary policy comittee) minutes came out and create a huge spike up. The spread was also widened to 10 pips. My position was still intact because my stop loss was 85 pips from entry and the spike did not touch them. But, I knew then that the market has changed its movement and going to the upside. I just want to wait until it retraces a bit and close the position at 6PM no matter where the price was.

So, fifteen minutes before 6PM and what did I do? I lie down on the bed and believe it or not, my eyes went shut and I took a nap. I woke up at fifteen minutes past 6PM and was upset at myself for sleeping because the price now went up and now showing -47 pips in the red. If I had not slept and able to close the position as per the strategy, my loss will only be at -19 pips.

Now, my emotions start to kick in and logic have gone entirely. So, I said to myself that I will let the position be and see where it goes 3 hours from then. It only took 1 hour for it to go all the way up and eventually hit the stop loss. What a bummer...that sums up today's trade. Hope tomorrow will be a different story.

Today's performance -
--------------------------
Pips Lose = -85
Yesterday's Balance = $0.33
Today's Balance = $0.25

.

No comments:

Post a Comment